Volleyball is a team sport in which two teams of six players are seprated by a net. Each team tries to score points by grounding a ball on the other team’s court under organized rules. The complete rules are complicated, but simple some rules are as follow a player on one of the teams begins a ‘rally’ by serving the ball from behind the back boundry line of the court,over the net, and into the receiving team’s court. The receiving team must not let the ball be grounded in their court. The team may touch the ball upto 3 times but individual players may not touch the ball twice consecutively. The ball is usually played with the help of hand or arms, but player can legally push or strike the ball with any part of the body. A number of technique have evolved in volleyball including ‘SPIKING’ and ‘BLOCKING’ as well as passing, setting, and specialized players position and offensive and defensive structures.
Basic Faults for Volley ball:
- Fault is causing the ball to touch ground outside the opponents court without first passing over the net.
- Fault is also causing by catching and throwing the ball.
- It also caused by Double hit which means two cosecutive contacts with the ball made by same player.
- Fault is caused by Net Foul which mean touching the net during play.
- Fault is caused by Foot Fault which mean the crosses over the boundary line when serving.